If you are anything like me the moment you decide you want to start trying for a baby you start to download all sort of apps. From ovulation trackers to breastfeeding schedules it can get intense, so I thought I would put together my favorite past and present applications to make your current or future life a bit more simple.
1. Ovia – This was the very first app I downloaded to help me figure out when I was ovulating. In my experience the app was very easy to use and gave me all the information I needed to know – what was happening with my body and my chances of getting pregnant throughout the month. (Free)
2. The Bump – when I did eventually get a positive pregnancy test I downloaded The Bump ASAP because I wanted to know every little thing that was happening for me and baby. I love this app because it stays up to date with you as you progress in your pregnancy and it also has brief articles on all things MamaHood! (Free)
3. MammaBaby – we downloaded this app while still in the hospital to keep track of feedings and continued to use it once we got home. Super simple set up, and also gives you the option to track diaper changes, growth and sleeping. (Free)
4. Sleepy Pillow – All new parents want their baby to fall asleep and stay asleep and getting that to happen successfully usually takes a routine. As a newborn each night we would have our routine and then I would choose music from the app to play for and hour (it had a timer you can set to turn off automatically!) this really helped Rosalie to know that it was night time sleeping and not daytime naps and she started to be able to comfortably fall asleep on her own. I also really love this app when I am having issues falling asleep. (Free)
5. Baby Stimulation – I only let Rosalie play on this rarely but as a distraction for a few minutes if I need to go into another room or complete a task it is great. Also is good for hand eye coordination. (This app is free for one “game” and is 1.99$ to unlock all features)
What are some awesome apps that you enjoy? Parent related or not? I love to hear suggestions – have a great Monday!