Everyone definitely has different ways of dealing with mornings, even if you love mornings they can sometimes be a struggle! I definitely used to think of myself as a morning person, but after having a baby I really am just a whenever-the-baby-is-up person! 😉 I do have a few things I try to do each morning to start my day of right, read on to hear what they are.
- Water – Going to sleep at night I always have a huge glass of water with me so I can have it before bed, during the night, whenever, but I also try to drink a lot of water in the mornings any throughout the day. Sometimes I love just ice water, other times I will add fresh lemons, limes or mint. It really makes a huge difference for me and how I feel throughout the day.
- Getting Ready – I make an effort to be fully ready before my daughter is up. I am a huge makeup lover and I also really enjoy trying new products so that time in the morning I consider my “me time” I always use a primer for my makeup so it will last all day as I am a full-time employee, mom and wife! I recently got this in my ipsy bag and it is great!
- Puppie Time – I feed our dogs and give them lots of love. With a 8 months old in the house our dogs are not given as much attention as they used to so I do make it a point to give them lots of love in the mornings. They have both been so great with Ro and I truly cannot imagine our family without them so I take advantage of our time together.
- Tidy Up – If I have time I try to clean up. You always hear people say “there are never enough hours in the day” and that is so true, but you multiply that by 1,000 that is basically how I feel all the time 😉 Because of that I do try to manage my time and be focused on the baby when she is awake, but while she is asleep to be productive with my time. If she is able to sleep until I wake her up in the mornings I will try to wipe down the counters, unload the dishwasher, all those fun things! just less that I have to do later.
- Get Baby Girl Ready for the Day – This one is my favorite! Wake my daughter up, play a little and get her ready for the day. We are so lucky that our daughter is happy when she wakes up, even if she is woken up! (Don’t take this to mean that she never cries, she is a baby, they all cry) She is definitely a morning person and is usually just happy to get up and dressed. She and my husband are really what makes my day start off on the right foot!
What are some things you do every morning to make sure you have a good day?
thanks for reading!